Behind Freeworld is a team of travellers and entrepreneurs from all backgrounds, who have met for years to share stories and ideas.
One of those ideas was to create the perfect Australian recovery shoe. Why Australia? Because this country is a drawcard for those in search of freedom to just be – changemakers, fitness enthusiasts, extreme sportspeople and travellers.
A defining point of freedom-seekers is that they walk. Sometimes endlessly. We dreamed of a shoe that would treat our feet, helping them recover from gruelling urban surfaces – whether exploring exotic cities, strolling home after a workout or simply for relief after long hours upright at work.
Freeworld is Australia’s answer to the recovery story. It’s also free from hype, free from hardcore and free to let you be who you are.
From the beginning, Freeworld set out to create the ultimate walking shoe for foot recovery.
This was no whim. As diehard athletes and travelers, our team is not alone in suffering from the acute foot and joint discomfort that comes with pushing yourself. Sports injuries affect millions of Australians each year. For many, walking ends up being their best medicine.
A couple of reasons we’ll never stop walking:
- It’s low-impact, accessible, equipment-free and age-proof
- Walking helps reduce body fat, lower blood pressure and increase high-density lipoprotein
- A brisk 30-minute walk is proven as an antidepressant for people of all ages
- Walking increases blood flow to the brain and, in turn, thinking skillsIt makes for a greener planet, since more distance walked means less vehicle carbon emitted.
Freeworld is the definitive walking shoe. It’s also a recovery shoe, engineered to address the top five inflammatory, muscular and fatigue-related foot problems of active people.
Since the outbreak of Covid-19, we’ve been overwhelmed with support from our friends worldwide – and a few questions on how we’re handling warehouse hygiene. That’s understandable, so we’ve developed a new set of policies to put our people and customers at ease.
Changes we’ve implemented across our office, warehouse and supplier networks include:
- Updated working-from-home and sick leave policies to encourage self-care
- Extra stringent cleaning regime every day
- New distancing and hygiene measures implemented to minimise contagionAnd more.
Just get in touch if you have any questions about how your order will be handled.